My Space

My observations made in daily life.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Time-machine!

If a time machine is ever invented, it will be used to travel in the past more often than the future. Don’t believe me, look at the facebook status around you, we share nostalgic moments, snaps of our childhood, old college friends, the first outing, the first vehicle and what not. We have vague predictions of our future, but for our past, we are so sure. We have lived it and somehow want to live it once again, maybe over and over again. I am no different. I want a time-machine to go back in time, to relive the moments that I still cherish, and boom…. I am gone…

I stand in front of Vyas bhawan, it’s my first official day at BITS Pilani. I am quite overwhelmed by the sheer crowd around me, by the excitement for future, by the serene beauty of Pilani campus, and look there I meet my first few BITSian friends to whom I connect immediately, just to be connected for so many coming years. We share same bhawans, we go to same classes, we write same tests but get different grades, yet we live the same life, and bingo the first year is over. What a hell let of AWESOME friends I have got!

I am now in Connaught Place, Pilani. Oh! I love the smell of cold coffee from Chimpu-ji’s shop and have missed it all these years, and look I am having dinner with few of my very good friends. Our order is almost fixed, Cold Coffee and Water Melon juice. More friends are joining in, some are leaving early for the test next day. Finally I return to hostel and another lachha session starts with the wingies. The nights are so lovely in Pilani, especially in summers. Cool breeze flowing, crows singing outside and the never ending wing discussion are on, all the time. I wish, it could last a little longer, but…

Hey, here I am going to third and fourth year very quickly. Those EEE quizzes and tests scare the hell out of me, so I am on fast-forward mode here, but the lazy psenti sem is pure bliss. Waking up late, having lachha session all day and all night long, and planning for PS-2. Before I can plan properly, I am in B’lore…

B’lore is fun as always. I am playing cricket at NGV ground. I know I am not good at it, but hey, I don’t give 36 runs in an over. Over there I am going for another movie on another weekend, and yes now I am packing bags for some outside Bangalore trips. Life is never fun without friends, and some are coming with me to US…

Welcome to the land of opportunities! I am stumped at Subway. I can’t even order a proper meal for myself. I am running around profs cubicles for funding with my friend. We have hardly unpacked our stuff on US soil and the race has already begun. I meet new friends, all running in the same direction, getting lost most of the time. But we make it. Despite all obstacles we have survived and now going to Florida for spring break. What an awesome break!

And suddenly the land of opportunities looks different to us. Despite our best efforts we don’t get a single opportunity to show our worth. Job fairs turn into night mares. The short but sure escape comes from night cricket, long drives, cooking – movie sessions, south-park episodes, more road trips and black sparrow. Even if it’s a tough time, I don’t regret spending more time here. But… thanks to increased fuel price, I am out of fuel and going back to present. I wish I had a solar time machine.

Whatever! The point is, I was trying to be an over-smart ass and neglecting this very day to cherish friendship. But I have failed, and around midnight, I feel miserable. I should have said it earlier. ‘Happy Friendship day’, my dear friends! I know we don’t meet that often, neither do we share any common interest any more. Our lives have changed so much so as our paths. But, but, but…. Since most of us still live in our past, and considering the fact that you have touched my life in a way or another, I owe you guys a big ‘Happy Friendship days!’ wish. So have a blast, and yes, don’t forget to go on a ride on my time-machine. Who knows you may end up appreciating our friendship more than just saying these three words.

Aloha!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Unreasonable Man said...

Part of my immediate response is on Facebook. Here is the other part.

"Not everyone wants a time-machine to relive their past. Some just want to change it..."

~R

Sun Aug 01, 12:46:00 PM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home